Sunday 4 November 2007

Blog Buddy

My blog buddy from another class is Jaspreet. Jaspreets study is -" Has the Hollywood Film industry subverted from the stereotypical sexual representation of women, with particular reference to “American Pie: Band Camp” by Steve Rash (2005)?". Jaspreet particuarly focuses on the sopranos on his blog.

Jaspreet's and my independent study are both very similar as we both are researching and writing about female reperesentation within the media. Therefore we are likely to talk about similar issues, theories and look at similar ideologies. We both hence are likely to look at similar research and can discuss our findings with eachother.

Jaspreets blog includes a lot of useful information on social views regarding female representation in the media as well as female perception in general. Also some of the delicious links that jaspreet has mentioned on his blog are of use to me to include in my independent study.

My blog buddy in my class is Karandeep. Karandeeps study is "To what extent have females roles changed?". Karandeep is particularly focusing on Kill Bill and is making references to Catwoman.

Karandeeps study is very similar to mine as we both are studying female representation within the media. Karandeep is hence likely to study female representation in the past in detail as well as female representation now within the media. This will be useful to include in my study as it will show the development females have made in the media but moreover the development they have made within societies. We are both likely to look at similar theorists, ideologies and study the same things that fit into the "SHEP" aspect of our studies.

In particular karandeeps keywords will be of use for me to look at in my study. Also the links that karandeep has researched are of use to look at to include in my study.

No comments: